I took a little mini-break from blogging (an extended weekend, really) to rest and relax. Last Monday I started my health program via the nutritionist and it is freakin' INTENSIVE. After the first day of nausea, things have been looking up. Thank goodness.
I have to drink 3 mysterious green vitamin drinks per day - morning, noon, and evening. In between the green sludge, I have a variety of 13 or so pills that have to be taken at various times of the day: with meals, between meals, etc. Some of them are horse pills, and I am terrible at swallowing pills. (Insert my husband's pervy, dirty jokes. I'll leave that up to your imagination.) I have found that taking the pills with orange juice helps the whole process. I have no idea why?
The pills are meant to go beyond providing me with daily vitamin supplements. I have special minerals that are working to ease PMS, ease cramps, dissolve ovarian cysts, and break down my excessive uterine lining. Oooh, that's hot, huh? EXCESSIVE.UTERINE.LINING. Say it again, baby!
I am trying my best to adhere to the program, and believe in it. I really want this to work; more than I can express in words. Like anything good in life, you have to believe in it. So I have become somewhat spiritual about the whole process. I am trying to take deep breaths, and have faith in the journey my body is on. It is also costing us an arm and a leg...so that helps my motivation, too.
It is the end of week one, and I am feeling pretty good. I seem to have more energy. Some of the positive things I have done for myself:
- Been walking the dogs, but actually ran with Henry around the block. I haven't had the energy to actually jog/run in a looooong time.
- L threw his back out, so we did yoga together. He loved it! I think I have converted him.
- Been eating breakfast with Henry. Seriously, Henry won't eat breakfast unless I stand in the kitchen and eat my breakfast with him every morning. My little motivator!
- Soaked up some Vitamin D by being outside for at least 30 minutes a day. Living in L.A., it is possible to not be outside EVER, and this has helped my moods a lot.
- I have actually applied my eye cream every night. My beginner's crow's feet will thank me later.
What did you do for yourself this past week? What are you doing to live the best version of your life?