I have been getting the itch to spring clean, especially since I found out that my surgery is approaching very, very quickly! Here are a few mini-projects I have been working on...
1) Unsubscribing from mass emails: I was getting 100+ mass (junk) emails per day. I noticed that I was spending a lot of free time scanning and deleting these emails. So, I started unsubscribing. I set a daily goal of two unsubscribes. Have favorite companies/sites that you can't quite bring yourself to unsubscribe from? Sometimes there are options to change emails from daily to weekly or less frequently.
2) Closet raid: I sifted through my closet and drawers and bagged up all the clothes I haven't worn in the past year or so. It was hard for me, because I'm a hoarder-in-training when it comes to clothing. I almost always convince myself I will wear it again. I won't! I also have this recurring dream where I set up an eBay shop and sell old clothes. Hasn't happened. I bit the bullet, and purged. L and I dropped numerous bags of clothes off at Goodwill last week.
3) Master To-Do List: L and I have a zillion little things that need to be completed, fixed, buffed, replaced, and/or de-cluttered in our condo. I compiled a master to-do list and plan on checking a few items off on weekends.
4) Book List: I have started compiling a book list for myself. A "need to read" list has loomed in my head for years. Now that I have a Nook and I'll be bedridden for awhile post-surgery, I hope to get a good amount of reading done. My first focus is high school books I was supposed to read, but never did. (If you read my Twitter, you know about this recent ambition of mine.) Of Mice and Men is done...nearly twelve years post-high school, but who's keeping score? ;) I'm actively taking new suggestions. Anyone?
5) Digital Photos: A few days ago, L discovered that our home computer's memory is almost completely full. How do you store all of your digital photos? Do you go through and delete pictures? We need to figure something out!
Anyone else feel the need to spring clean? If so, how will you get organized?