L made a reservation at STREET. We've been wanting to go there for a long time. I used to be an avid Top Chef Masters watcher, and I loved Susan Feniger on the show. We've also been to a few of her other restaurants. Needless to say, we were very excited for our evening. We even studied the menu, and decided on dishes based on online reviews. Who am I?
I'll keep my "review" short, because restaurant critic, I am not.
Things we loved:
- Lost Coast Downtown Brown Beer (we may have found some competition for L's beloved Newcastle!)
- Kaya Toast.
- Spinach Varenyky.
- Our perfect table next to the fire pit. (see photo below)
- Sitting a stone's throw away from True Blood's Carrie Preston (at least we think it was her. Didn't want to stare.)
- Super friendly hostess and staff (we don't like snobby foodie-types)
Things we didn't love:
- Mabo Tofu (This dish was just meh for us. Also, served WITHOUT rice? Who serves mabo tofu sans rice?)
- $8 valet parking. Rip-off!
I'd say the pros outweighed the cons, right? All in all, a wonderful night filled with food and love.
Here are some iPhone pics of the night. Unfortunately, there are no food pics. We haven't really found a good way to take restaurant/dinner pictures discretely. Suggestions?
Well, maybe one food pic made it in. The flash went off, and we felt embarrassed. This was the Kaya Toast. YUM!
If you ever find yourself in L.A., give STREET a try. (One last suggestion: make a reservation.)