I spent this whole weekend feeling like crap...yet again. I managed to get this vicious cold/flu thing that has been going around, and I was laid up. Or maybe it's my Paxil withdrawals and not an actual cold/flu? Don't ask me.
During my time of illness, Netflix Instant Stream was my BFF. I got to catch up on 22 episodes of Parenthood. I'm NOT joking. I might have gone cross-eyed, but whatever. I swear this blog will get more interesting one day. Like some day, I hope to leave the house. It's good to have goals, right?
Anyway, PARENTHOOD. Holy shit - I love this show. I am officially addicted. Some things I love:
- The interactions between Sarah (Lorelai Gilmore/Lauren Graham) and Adam. They're awesome together, and apparently dating in real life!
- Adam's dancing.
- Monica Potter. She's delightful, and her character totally reminds me of my mom. Love her.
- Zeek and Camille's house. I need it.
- Haddie and Amber. Their characters remind me a little of my own high school experience.
- That they film the show at a high school about two miles from where we live, and where I took my SATs forever ago. I totally want to drive by and spy on some filming.
- Julia's infertility struggles. I cried watching it.
- Jason Ritter because he's so cute and good for Sarah.
OMG, I could go on and on. And what the heck, did my eyes deceive me or was Aidan Shaw around for awhile? Yes, I think he was.
Three seasons later, and I'm finally caught up. I really needed something to replace the hole that Brothers and Sisters left in my heart. I hate to say it, but I think Parenthood has filled that void and more. The characters are so easy to relate to. We all have a crazy family. If you don't, well then, I guess you're missing out on a big part of life.
Anyone other Parenthood fans out there?